Sell your business in MD, VA, PA or DC with Prime Investments Business Brokers!
Experience and Confidentiality - with No Upfront Fees
For over 30 years, business owners in Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and the District of Columbia have turned to the experienced Business Brokers and M&A Advisors at Prime Investments when they were ready to sell their businesses. We have advised a diverse list of clients and have sold businesses in many different industries. Prime keeps your sale confidential and its unique “no upfront fee” policy takes the risk out of selling.
Click on the links below to learn more about the unique processes that make Prime Investments the right choice for your sale:
We Don’t Get Paid Until You Do
Unlike other companies that charge thousands of dollars to appraise and “package” your business for sale, Prime Investments never charges upfront fees or retainers.
We earn our “Success Fee” based on the value of your business, when your business is sold.
We have no up-front fees or any kind. No retainers, no appraisal fees, no packaging fees, no reimbursement for travel expenses. We earn nothing until we sell your business.
Because we earn our fee only at closing, our interests are aligned with yours -- we are motivated to sell your business to the strongest buyer at the highest possible price.
Prime's Proven Process
With its proven Nine-Step Process, Prime Investments has the plan to sell your business with no risk to you, the owner. Here’s how it works:
- No Fee Initial Consultation. Meet with your Prime Business Broker Advisor in person to discuss your unique business and your personal goals. Your Prime Advisor will answer all your questions and explain Prime’s Nine-Step Sales Process.
- No Fee Confidential Appraisal. Your Prime Advisor gathers current and historical financial and other information about your company and creates valuation spreadsheets. He analyzes the information and, with his knowledge and experience of the marketplace, derives the highest achievable market price for your business. He meets with you again and explains the valuation and answers any questions.
- Move Forward Or Not -- You Decide Risk-Free. At the same time your Prime Advisor presents the valuation, he also presents our Success Fee structure -- a commission based on a percentage of the price that your business sells for, due at settlement. If you decide to move forward, we enter into a simple Broker Agreement and begin the sales portion of the Nine-Step Process. If you decide not to move forward, we shake hands and part as friends. You owe us absolutely nothing.
- Preparation Of Your Confidential Business Review. Prime Investments Business Broker Advisory Team creates a detailed, custom-written prospectus that presents your business in its best light to prospective buyers. The prospectus contains the majority of the information buyers need to make an investment decision.
- Choosing The Right Buyer. Prime Investments has a unique three-tiered approach that ensures your business is matched to the right buyer:
- Prime’s Database Of Active Buyers. Prime maintains a database of buyers -- high net worth entrepreneurs, private equity funds and other companies -- actively searching for business acquisitions.
- Discreet Online Advertising. Prime attracts and carefully qualifies new buyers with “blind” ads -- never identifying your company -- on websites that host business buying and selling activity.
- Proactive Marketing. Prime locates companies -- qualified by size, industry and geography -- that may have an interest in acquiring a business like yours.
- Managing The Offer And Negotiation Process. After your Prime Advisor has located suitable buyers, he arranges for in-person or virtual meetings, facilitates requests for additional information and solicits offers from the buyers. He then manages the negotiation process to assure you the best deal from the strongest buyer.
- Managing The Due Diligence And Purchase Agreement Process. Once we have a signed Letter of Intent from a buyer, the buyer typically engages in due diligence -- a short period of time in which he can examine your business in more detail before making his final decision to proceed with the purchase. Prime helps you manage this process by creating a strict timeline and making sure confidentiality is maintained. We also help the buyer secure his funding and “run interference” with the attorneys to head off any potential disagreements in the negotiation of the Purchase Agreement.
- Referring Professionals. Your Prime Advisor strongly advises each party to retain an attorney and accountant with experience in business transactions of this type. He refers you to the professional most qualified to protect your interests and bring your deal to a successful closing.
- Overcoming Obstacles To Closing. Over 25 years of experience has taught us that obstacles will arise during the sales process. Your Prime Business Broker Advisor is there to help you overcome every challenge and guide your sale to a successful conclusion.
Prime's Security System
No one except you, the buyer and your advisors should know your business is for sale. With Prime’s Six-Step Security System, your deal remains confidential.
- You’re shielded from direct buyer contact. All buyer contact goes through your Prime Advisor.
- Prime never calls or emails your office -- we only call your private mobile number and use your personal email. We even help you set up a special private email account if you need it.
- All potential buyers are prescreened and qualified before they receive any information about your company.
- All potential buyers sign strict nondisclosure agreements (NDAs) before they receive any information. These signed NDAs are available for your review at any time.
- All meetings with buyers occur either at Prime’s offices or after hours at your facility to ensure your employees don’t find out that your company is for sale.
- If a buyer in your specific industry expresses an interest in your company, you decide whether we should open discussions with them. Your Prime Advisor only speaks with them if you approve.